2013 was the year I got in to running.
Looking back, I can think of so many running achievements but here’s the top six.
- Joining Giffnock North and tagging along on a Monday with Bella RRs.
- Zak and Jude “training” at Raguenes Plage and doing the Men’s Health 10k Rascal Run.
- My fantastic wife putting up with my running absences and running patter.
- Making some good friends along the way.
- Winning a race (the Antonine Trail Race).
- And last but not least, completing 10 races, around 10 parkruns with PBs of 17:25, 37:48, 1:20:43, 3:00:49.
And my top five goals for 2014:
- Try and beat last year’s dismal record of 8.5 months’ injury-free running.
- Go sub-3 in a marathon. Stretch goal: sub-2:50 in Berlin this September.
- Sub-1:20 in a halfie. Stretch goal: sub-1:18.
- Sub-36 in a 10k. Stretch goal: sub-35.
- Sub-17 in a Parkrun. Stretch goal: sub-17 in the Pollok parkrun!
No run since Christmas Day now. Loads of strength conditioning on left glute and achilles…but NO running. In for another physio check-up this Wednesday evening. Hope she (Eilidh) gives me the all clear as London is now fewer than 14 weeks away.
Happy running for 2014 folks. Hope you all achieve your goals and post plenty of running achievements; I fully intend to get out what I put in.